Miss Gwinnett County Scholarship Pageant 2017
Applications for the MISS GWINNETT SCHOLARSHIP PAGEANT are now being accepted for anyone interested in competing for scholarship money to attend college and representing your county at the MISS GEORGIA PAGEANT 2018.
All talent CDs should be turned in with your paperwork on September 10th. All CDs must be tested in a car CD player or they will not work. If you have a recent CD from competing in the 2017 Miss Georgia Pageant or a Miss Georgia Preliminary you may use it. Make sure your name and song title are on your CD and on your cover. You need to have at least 2 CDs. One for Miss Gwinnett and a back up CD for yourself. We are not responsible for a CD that will not play on our equipment. If in doubt you should send your CD by September 5th. Jack Pervis, Sound Director, can check it out to ensure it works. If the CD does not work we can get this problem solved ASAP. Deadline is September 5th. We have to program all the CD music into our production computer for the pageant.
A Final practice for all contestants will be held Saturday, September 16, 2017 at 8:00 A.M. at the Fairgrounds. This will be a quick run thru. All major adjustsments must be finalized on Sunday, the 10th. The following rules and regulations must be met by all contestants:
1. The Miss Gwinnett County pageant is now open to all counties in the state of Georgia.
2. Must be at least 17 years of age on September 16, 2017 and not more than 24 years of age on December 31, 2018. You must furnish us with a BIRTH CERTIFICATE and a PROOF OF RESIDENCY. These must be turned in with your paperwork by September 5th, 2017. All contracts and documents must be notorized.
3. Must be single and never been married or have had a marriage annulled. Must never have had a child.
4. Must be a HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE by June 2018. Everyone must provide a current transcript. All high school seniors must show that they are on tract for graduation by providing proof of units earned.
5. Must participate in a Dress rehearsal on Sunday, September 10th, 2017 at 2:00 P.M., unless excused by Director (Becky).
6. Present a 1 minute 30 second Talent. You must furnish us with (2) CDs if needed.
7. On Stage Question. You will be asked (1) question on stage. You will randomly draw your question.
8. Participate in Evening Wear competition. This may be any Evening Wear that you choose.
9. Participate in Swimsuit competition. Swimsuits must be approved. Each contestant has her choice of a one or two piece swimsuit of any style that she chooses. Good taste should pre-vail. Contestants may wear shoes or sandals.
10. Participate in a 9 minutes 30 seconds Interview with a 30 second closing with the judges. The contestant's Interview time will be a total of 10 minutes.
11. Furnish a picture for the program book. Any size will be accepted. These pictures will be returned to you. These pictures are for the program book only and are not for the judges approval, and email is accepted.
Every contestant will be required to sign a contract provided by the MISS AMERICA PAGEANT COPORATION before entering the pageant. Every contestant must donate $100.00 to the Children's Miracle Network.
To access documents go to WEBSITE: gwinnettcountyfair.com and click Pageant Info.
CONTACTS AND INFORMATION:
Director - BECKY ROBERTS
Phone 770-963-6061 CELL 678-471-3098
462 Summit Ridge Drive
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
CHARLENE CANADY 678-350-6306
THE MISS GWINNETT COUNTY SCHOLARSHIP PAGEANT is an official preliminary pageant for the MISS AMERICA ORGANIZATION.
APPLICATIONS AND FORMS
Contestant Contract (Fill out online and print...)
Contestant Contract (Print and then fill out...)
How To Register (Miss America For Kids)